COVID Booster Vaccines Available in Downers Grove
Innovative Care is now offering COVID booster vaccines for eligible individuals in our Downers Grove clinic. We currently have both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines available. Booster vaccines are for immunocompromised individuals per the recent FDA approval. Patients seeking a booster vaccine should bring their original vaccination card showing that dose 1 and dose 2 have been administered. Per the recent FDA Emergency Use Authorization, mixing of mRNA vaccines is only permitted for the third shot if the original vaccine is not available.
Booster Vaccine Eligibility
Booster vaccine eligibility is on your honor, as per the authorization, medical records or a prescription from your physician are not needed. Patients with moderate to severe immune compromise due to a medical condition, or receipt of immunosuppressive medications or treatments, are eligible for booster vaccinations at this time. This includes the following:
- Active treatment for solid tumor and hematologic malignancies
- Receipt of solid-organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy
- Receipt of CAR-T-cell or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within 2 years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy)
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g., DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (i.e., ≥20mg prednisone or equivalent per day), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, cancer chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, tumor-necrosis (TNF) blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory.
The COVID-19 vaccine is free of charge, as it is supplied by the United States Government. Your insurance will be billed for the injection only. If you have no medical insurance, you will be covered under the federal CARES Act. No patient – whether insured or not insured – will be billed for any charges. The vaccine is free for patients.
If you are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine, you can schedule an appointment online here. Note, COVID-19 vaccines are only available at our Downers Grove clinic location.